The Australia–Japan Research Centre and the ANU Japan Institute will once again co-host the annual Japan Update.
The theme of the Update this year is Reinventing Japan and is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of Japan’s current economic, social and political landscape, and to give an ‘update’ on Japan’s recent developments and future directions.
This year will focus on three key areas: the state of the economy, ‘Womenomics’, and Japan’s politics and foreign policy.
The full day’s program will be available closer to the date.
Presenters and discussants include:
- Professor Gerry Curtis, Columbia University
- Ms Naomi Koshi, Mayor of Otsu City
- Professor David Vines, Oxford University/ANU
- Mr Hideo Hayakawa, Fujitsu Research Institute, former Chief Economist and Executive Director, Bank of Japan
- Professor Nobuko Nagase, Ochanomizu University
- Professor Tessa Morris-Suzuki, ANU
- Ms Kay Kitazawa, Rebuild Japan Initiative Foundation
- Professor Bruce Chapman, ANU
- Associate Professor Simon Avenell, Director of the ANU Japan Institute, ANU
- Dr Shiro Armstrong, Co-Director of the Australia-Japan Research Centre, ANU
To register please visit the following link: Japan Update