The ANU Japan Institute and the Australia-Japan Research Centre will be holding the flagship 2017 Japan Update in September. More details to follow.
2016 Japan Update
The Australia–Japan Research Centre and the ANU Japan Institute once again co-hosted the annual Japan Update on September 21, 2016.
The theme of the Update this year was Reinventing Japan and was designed to provide a comprehensive overview of Japan’s current economic, social and political landscape, and to give an ‘update’ on Japan’s recent developments and future directions.
Topics included: Will Womenomics succeed?, new economic challenges, and Japan’s place in the world.
Presenters and discussants:
- Professor Gerry Curtis, Columbia University
- Ms Naomi Koshi, Mayor of Otsu City
- Professor David Vines, Oxford University/ANU
- Mr Hideo Hayakawa, Fujitsu Research Institute, former Chief Economist and Executive Director, Bank of Japan
- Professor Nobuko Nagase, Ochanomizu University
- Mr Jason Hayes, PwC
- Mr Murray McLean, Australia-Japan Foundation
- Professor Purnendra Jain, The University of Adelaide
- Ms Kay Kitazawa, Rebuild Japan Initiative Foundation
- Professor Noboru Yamaguchi, International University of Japan, Lieutenant General (retired), Japan Ground Self Defense Force
- Professor Bruce Chapman, ANU
- Dr Amy King, ANU
- Professor Veronica Taylor, ANU
- Associate Professor Simon Avenell, Director of the ANU Japan Institute, ANU
- Dr Shiro Armstrong, Co-Director of the Australia-Japan Research Centre, ANU
- Professor Ippei Fujiwara, Co-Director of the Australia-Japan Research Centre, ANU/Keio University
For more information on the event visit here